Searching for jobs as an Assistant Clinical Professor? We came up with a list of several interview questions you can expect to be asked, so arm yourself with appropriate answers! We recommend visiting multiple reliable sites so you’re prepared with great answers for the interview questions that you might not already feel comfortable with.
How can you prepare to interview for an Assistant Clinical Professor? Take a look at these Assistant Clinical Professor interview questions you’ll want to find out how to answer OR ask!
- How will you be a role model for our students?
- What is the most influential book you’ve read in the field of xxx recently?
- How would you teach our Introductory course? Which text would you use? What kinds of assignments would you use?
- What is your research program for the next five years?
- What are you immediate and longer term publication plans?
- What’s your basic teaching philosophy?
- What is your department’s relationship with the Dean?
- What kind of support is there available on campus for conference travel?
- What kind of support is available on campus for summer research?
- What kind of graduate student support is available?
- Is there an active undergraduate/graduate student association? What kinds of activities do they do?
- How does your dissertation intervene in the field of xx?
- How would you teach our Core Theory Seminar? Who would you have them read?
- How would you teach our Methods course?
- How would you incorporate undergraduates into your research?
- How do you see your work intersecting with the other emphases in the department?
- We are hoping to build a strength in xxx. How would you participate in that effort?
- We don’t have a lot of funding for the kind of equipment/travel that you require for your research. How would you work with this?
- Our campus is very student-focused. You come from an R1. How do you see yourself fitting in?
- Our campus has high expectations for publication for tenure. How do you see yourself handling the expectations?
- How is your department viewed on campus?
- Toughest Question: How much funding will you bring with you to our department?
- Have you spoken with a publisher about your book? Where do you stand in negotiations?
Have answers to any of the above for your fellow job seekers? Share them in the comments here!